Background scroll

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Long time, no talk

See, this is why I said I don't do this kind of thing.  Life gets busy and I keep forgetting to tell you all about it.

So, where to start?

Well, let's start with the fact that my child is practically RUNNING through my house!  She rarely ever crawls anymore, unless we are playing with her on the floor.  It is so fun to watch her grow more confident in her walking each day.  She has also gotten very good at climbing.  She wants to climb on EVERYTHING.  I consider myself lucky right now that she is too short to be able to get up on the 'big people' furniture.  Molly is able to climb on an off of her little car, and she can even scoot herself backwards on it.  She is getting much better at independent play.  She will walk back to her bedroom and play for quite some time with her toys, unloading her baskets of toys and bed linens, and unloading her bookshelf.

Yesterday, Molly even walked over to her bookshelf, picked out a book "Where is Baby's Belly Button?", walked it over to me, and climbed in my lap for me to read it to her....who is this little girl and when did she become such a little girl?

***************************************

So we are in the process of buying a new house, a little bit bigger house, about 600 square feet bigger.  Not much to most, but it will seem like a mansion after the 1200 sq ft we have been squeezed into. 

More on that in the coming weeks as everything gets finalized and hopefully we close on time.  

But we are keeping our current home and using it as a rental property.  Soooo, if you know anyone that needs a place to live in East Dallas.....

***************************************

We have been keeping ourselves pretty busy around here.  We had a play date with Eben and his parents.  We LOVE our Eben!  Brooke, Eben's mommy, and I used to take Eben and Molly to Baby Bounce together.  We went for a good 4 months when the babies were VERY little.  It was SO much fun!  We still try to get together to play every so often.  


That same weekend, we invited Molly's Great-Grandma over for dinner.  This is my grandmother (my mom's side).  She lives just around the corner from us and we invite her over some Sunday afternoons to play with Molly and eat with us.  I think she really enjoys it!


Molly has started picking everything up and carrying it around that house as a purse.  This is my lunch bag that she adopted for the afternoon.  I guess I probably need to make her her own play purse, but I am sure that Mommy's things will still be more entertaining!


One afternoon, my sister Liz had an event at her school so we got to watch Gracie!  Grace is getting much better at the whole sharing thing!  We had no meltdowns from either party!  They even shared their first cousin bath time!





And lastly, this past Saturday Grace had her 3rd Birthday Party!  It was a Mickey Mouse theme and it was SO cute!  Molly so wanted to be with all the big kids.  Every time I took her inside, she made a beeline back to the door.  She walked SO much that day that she wore blisters on her big toes!  Molly experienced a bounce house for the first time and she LOVED IT!!!  Of course, we waited until the big kids were through with it.  But you can see by the pictures that Molly had quite a grand time wallering around alone!  She even stood up in it and made it bounce on her own...it was just too short-lived for me to get pictures of it.






This is the final product of Grace's Birthday present from us.  She is crazy about hopsctoch.  

The back side is tic tac toe.
Until next time, my friends....and I promise, it won't be so long before I write again!

No comments:

Post a Comment