Background scroll

Thursday, February 17, 2011

A Beefy Valentines Day (????)

This week Molly experienced her FIRST Valentine's Day!  


She has no idea what that means, but I am certain she loved her Valentine's Day Treats from her Mommy and Daddy!
She got the book "The Very Hungry Caterpillar" along with the stuffed caterpillar to match!  She loves all things soft and stuffed, so the caterpillar was a big hit!



How cute is she in her Valentine's Day outfit?

She is blowing you a big Valentine's Day kiss!
************************************************
Last week was the week of ground beef...for those of you that don't know, Blake's parents have cattle and last year they sent a steer to butcher with a hanging weight of 1100+ pounds.  Well we got a third of that...which means we have to eat a pound of beef every day for a year in order to eat it all!  That batch included all kinds of steaks, ground beef, sirloin tip steaks and cubed steak.  This was last summer when we got all that meat.  This coming Saturday, Blake's dad is sending another steer to Muenster to get "hamburgerized"~ not sure if that is a real word, but they use it~  This one is just going to be made into ground beef and summer sausage, and they wanted us to take another third (approx 250 lbs), but seriously, who can eat that much meat?  We are going to start a new tradition in our Spivey household that every time you come visit, you walk away with a pound of beef, like a door prize!  

So last week, it was all ground beef, all the time.  Every meal was made with ground beef.  Needless to say, this week we needed something different.  So I went back to some oldies but goodies, chicken spaghetti, paremsean corn chowder, and Grandma's Chicken Rice Casserole.

Ahh...refreshing...but next week I am sure we will be back on the ground beef kick!

************************************************
NOW SWITCHING GEARS TO CUTENESS!!!!

I have been on a sewing binge this week!  Last week was the week of ground beef and this week is the week of homemade outfits!

First, on Tuesday, she wore this pair of super cute springy pants!


And because the view from the back is even better than the view from the front!
 My first attempt at pants, and after a day of rough-housing with two boys I did have to make some adjustments!  Apparently Molly has a bit more 'junk in the trunk' than I thought...actually it is more like 'junk in the front' a.k.a. wet diaper that busted through the seams.  So I had to reinforce those and add a little length in the waist because she was sagging everytime she stood up~ which is a big no-no!
Overall though, the attempt was a decent success!

Then, on Wednesday, she wore this little skirt!
I am IN LOVE with this yellow, black, and white fabric!  
The skirt is reversible, so it is two outfits in one!
This one went off without a hitch!

See this little black and white print on the inside?  Reversible!



And today, Thursday, I sent her off in this new pair of pants with a matching bird onesie! 
Again with the yellow, black, and white~  I told you, IN LOVE!
I think this attempt at pants will fair better than the first.  It is a thicker fabric and I definitely reinforced the seams and gave her plenty of room to bend and play!




And lastly, I made my dear, photographer friend, Brooke (a.k.a. Eben's mommy) her very own special camera strap cover!  I have seen these featured on other blogs and etsy sites and thought, I could do that!  And it wouldn't cost me $18 like they charge!


Hope you love it Brooke!  And when your camera needs a new outfit, let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment