Background scroll

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Snow Days x 4

Well things have been AWFUL slow around here.  
The entire state seems to have shut down after one night of ice.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining.  But I know when it comes time for our make-up days, I will be wishing for these days back at school.

These snow days turned out to work in my favor.  I was terribly sick on Tuesday and was going to have to call in a sub, so the snow day prevented me from having to use my days--which are a precious commodity for a mom.  But I've been slow on the recovery which means Blake is going crazy in our house!

I spent all Tuesday locked in my bedroom and Blake was "Mr. Mom".  He was quite good at it, but I think it re-confirmed for him that he could not do the stay-at-home dad thing.  But he definitely won over Molly in that one day.  Because the next morning, Molly was most clearly calling "Da-da" from her crib. 

She has said "Da-da" for a while, but it has been a rambling of "da-da-da-da..." Not distinctly "Da-da" like it is now.  :(  One day without me and she has changed sides!

Anyhow, he took VERY good care of her which is comforting!

AND HUGE NEWS 
(seems like there are lots of these events these days)
On Day #2 of our Snow Days,
Molly WALKED half-way across the living room.
Like, seriously WALKED!  It was SO exciting! 

She did it a few times in a row and then was done...we'll see when she starts up again!

We are now wrapping up Day #3 of our Snow Days and I think Blake is going just a TAD stir crazy!  He's a bit like a caged animal.  He's like this on the weekends too, but usually he can go out to the garage or yard and fiddle or go run errands, but this weather has totally killed all of that!

Tomorrow, Day #4, I aniticipate feeling 100% again!  And I look forward to it!  I have been utterly useless on these days off, which is no fun at all!  I have big plans to clean and organize while my baby naps.  It has also been nice to see that Molly understands the concept of sleeping in....each day this week, she has not woken us up until at least 7 am!  

************************************************
Here's a bit of what we did today to entertain the baby:

Blake keeping Molly entertained, playing with their mouths

How lucky am I?  Aren't they SO cute!

Molly has figured out how to climb up into her chair.  She likes to pretend like she is sleeping and lays her head down.

BIG GIRL!

Molly then HURLS herself off the chair, face first onto the floor.
I think tomorrow Blake is going to HAVE to get out of this house to keep himself sane.  
Molly and I will be able to entertain ourselves no problem!  
Sure wish it was like this ALL the time---me and Molly at home! 

No comments:

Post a Comment