Background scroll

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

A Big Girl and A Predicament

It seems like over night Molly has become a big girl! 
:(

She's like a real little person
:(

It is SO fun to watch the changes!  
I think being home for all these snow days has allowed me to really watch her change.

She eats like a grown man~she is a bottomless pit, never gets full.
She nods her head when you say "yes".
She shakes her head when you say "no."
She plays with her toys in the manner in which they were intended~no more just shaking and moving parts because they make noise.  She carefully pushes all the buttons, puts the stacking rings on their base, opens books and really looks at each page.
She knows where your nose is.
She knows that her socks and shoes go on her feet.
She knows that her hats go on her head (and sometimes she thinks everything goes on her head).
She walks back and forth between short distances fairly easily.


See~ BIG GIRL!


She even has enough hair to wear a little clippie bow:



~BIG GIRL~
:(


*******************************************
Here's the predicament.
Underneath my stove, there is a drawer.
This drawer has been stuck for going on two years now.
I know what caused the stuck drawer, I'm sure you can guess the culprit too.


Anyhow, it's STUCK, and I hate that.
I hate that because I have only 5 cabinets and 1 drawer in my kitchen.  So this is EXTREMELY valuable storage space.  Not to mention the brand new cookie sheets that I had just bought prior to the drawer getting stuck.


This is as far as the drawer will open:
See that itty-bitty amount that the drawer is open?  That's as good as it gets.
I have decided that it will be a New Year's Resolution of mine to get this drawer unstuck.
Today I made an attempt.  
I unscrewed every screw that could be unscrewed.
No screws gave me access to the drawer.
At one point I had the entire stove laying on it's side in the middle of my kitchen.
Molly even helped with holding the flashlight:


So attempt #1 is a failure.
(SIGH)
I put everything back where it belongs and I guess I will attempt it at another time.
Anyone that would like to come and give it an attempt is more than welcome.  Bring any tools you feel might be helpful...the jaws of life might be necessary, we shall see.



No comments:

Post a Comment