Background scroll

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Breakfasts and a Birthday Party

Well, if every week was a four day week, I could SO do this school thing a whole lot easier!

I have been trying really hard to be a better mother and wife lately.  
I know I need to expand Molly's taste buds, so I have 
been cooking more breakfast meals.

I have learned that Molly does NOT like eggs or oatmeal (just like her momma!)
But she does love her waffles and blueberry pancakes!

One morning this week I tried my hand at french toast for the first time.
NOT a big win with that one.
I downloaded a recipe app on my phone and the french toast recipe was from there.
I think I needed thicker bread, it was a bit soggy in my opinion.

Then, Saturday morning, I wanted to make blueberry muffins but did not have a mix (how I normally make blueberry muffins). 
So, from my same recipe app, I made homemade blueberry muffins.
Another failure of a recipe.
They weren't awful, just not nearly as sweet as what we are used to.

But this little lady LOVED them!
She was SO funny, at first she picked out all the blueberries and then started taking big bites of muffin!
 On Saturday afternoon, we were invited to Kinley's first birthday party!
Kinley's daddy and Molly's daddy coach together in Plano.

Here are Molly and Mommy all dolled up for the party!

Molly was EXTREMELY serious all afternoon...guess that is what we get when we skip the afternoon nap!
She wasn't very social at the party.  
Took her a while to leave my lap.

When she did get down from my lap, we had a little thief on our hands!
Molly grabbed a handful of Kinley's clothes she got as a present and hugged on them for a while.

Then she nabbed some curly ribbon to keep herself occupied!
 This is Kinley, the birthday girl!
Molly was not real into playing with the other kids :( 
Then she kept herself busy pushing Kinley's baby stroller.

Don't you LOVE her outfit?  I made it Sat morning for the party, I am VERY happy with how it turned out!

Molly and Daddy at the party

Struggling to sit still without falling asleep
Saturday night we went to dinner at Joe's Crab Shack (Blake had never been there).  Molly loved it because they had music going the whole time, and she rocked out in her highchair.  She definitely kept the tables around us entertained!  And she did great for not having an afternoon nap!

Sunday was SUCH a pretty day, that we were able to pay outside in the afternoon.
Molly played on her swing and her slide.  She is getting really good at the slide!  She was walking around from the slide to the steps, and she even climbed all the way up the steps by herself!
And for the first time, she was crawling ALL over the yard.  The last few times we played outside, she wasn't really into crawling in the grass.  But today there was no stopping her!  I think her outfit because an "outside-play-outfit" because I am sure I will never get the dirt out of the knees of her pants!  Molly's Meme (my mom) came by for a few minutes to see Molly.  She had not seen Molly walking, in person, yet.  And she brought Molly and little cowgirl outfit as her Valentines Day gift, since Molly LOVES riding her rocking horse nowadays.

Every day, I am amazed at how much Molly is growing up.  On Saturday, Blake and I both stood watching Molly in amazement as she walked around the house with her push-walker.  Before, she would push, push, push, until she ran into something and fuss for you to come turn her.  On Saturday, suddenly she had it figured out.  If she ran into something, she would pull it backwards and turn until she got where she needed to be going.

And today, she and I were playing in her room with her little play telephone (her favorite toy) and she picked up the handset and said very clearly "Hello?"  and then handed it to me and said "Thank you".  WHO IS THIS CHILD???

She also spent all afternoon walking laps around our house!  She even was standing facing away from me, and turned around to face me without falling!  She is really starting to figure out her feet!

I just can't believe how much she is growing...I am sure I'll be saying this every day for the rest of my life!

Off to get ready for another week of school~ so glad I was SO productive last week, I have EVERYTHING planned out for my entire week, what a relief!

No comments:

Post a Comment